May 16, 2019
– Guests: Lorenzo Lewis, The Confess Project; Alicia Vaden, Woodland International Research Group; and Samuel Simmons, Behavioral Consultant in Minneapolis | May is Mental Health Awareness Month. Mental Health is essential to everyone’s overall health and well-being. This year’s theme is 4 Mind 4 Body, which highlights the importance of work life balance, pets, spirituality in achieving balanced mental health.
- The Confess Project presents Summer Barbershop Tour in the following counties, Pulaski, Faulkner, Desha, Drew, and Jefferson County. More details about the tour will come soon, and can be found on by visiting www.theconfessproject.com.
- For information on Woodland International Research, log onto www.JoinAResearchStudy.com or call 800-611-4873 or visit 910 Autumn Road in Little Rock.
- Minneapolis Event: 11th Annual Community Empowerment Through Black Men Healing Conference, June 20th-21st, Metropolitan State University, St. Paul Campus, Founders Hall, 700 East Seventh Street, St. Paul, MN., To learn more, visit www.brothershealing.com or contact Samuel Simmons Consulting at 612-721-0106 or email email@example.com.
– Guests: Stephanie Wilcox,Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church and Erica Carlock, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Arkansas | The 35th International Greek Food Festival will be held Friday, May 17th thru Sunday, May 19th (Fri. & Sat.: 11 a.m. – 9 p.m. | Sun.: 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.) at the Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church, 1100 Napa Valley Drive in Little Rock. This family-friendly weekend will be filled with food, fun, and fundraising. All food is handmade with the best ingredients and treasured family recipes. Entertainment will be provided by Folk Dancing from around the world, Cloggers, & more. Admission is $3 or three canned food items for the Arkansas Foodbank. Parking, trolley service and kids under 12 are free! All proceeds benefit various charities. For more information, visit www.greekfoodfest.com.
– Guests: Kyla Knox, Owner of Kylish Kreations Cosmetics and Kristin Knox, Co-Owner | 5th Grader Kyla Knox took her chemistry skills to another level and created her own cosmetics company and has shared her products with the community for the past year. Knox and her cosmetic line Kylish Kreations will present the 2nd Annual Kidpreneur Day, Saturday, May 18th from 11am-1pm at Lifeline Baptist Church, 7601 Baseline Road in Little Rock, during the Southwest Farmer’s Market. Sixteen young kidpreneurs ranging from ages 6-15 years will on site offering their products for purchase. There will be bounce houses, face painting, prizes and more at this free event. For more information, call 501-683-9082 or visit www.kylishkreations.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.