ABOUT THE BROADWAY JOE TALK SHOW
The Broadway Joe Talk Show is a weekly show designed to keep YOU informed about what’s going on in our community. The show features guests from all walks of life and serves as a platform to inform, promote, and bring awareness to activites, events, and important people in our community. Join us every Thursday on KOKY and PRAISE at 9 AM to stay in the know. The Broadway Joe Talk Show is rebroadcast on Power 92.3 Saturdays at 6 AM.
ABOUT BROADWAY JOE
Joe Booker, a native of South Carolina, began his broadcasting career in the military in 1976. He began as an announcer in the Armed Forces Korean Network. After relocating to Arkansas, he attended Arkansas State University and earned an associate degree and later concluded his studies at Arkansas Baptist College with a Bachelor of Arts in African- American Community Leadership.
Joe continued to hone his skills in broadcasting and became a leading radio personality in Central Arkansas, known to many as “Broadway Joe.” Some of the highlights of his career include receiving Billboard & Radio Records station of the year nomination; two consecutive terms as sergeant-at-arms of the National Black Programmers Coalition; impact Program Director of the Year Award and also, nominee in the same category for Billboard and Records; started Blues on the River (1999) and Juneteenth (2000) as promotional events for KOKY and Power 92 (donating over $140,000 to the Watershed, Inc.); raised over 2 million dollars with the Power 92 Jammers Charity Basketball Team; and Power 92 won Billboard’s Distinction for radio station of the year.
Music is a great part of Broadway Joe’s life, and so is humanitarianism. Every year he makes contributions to local charities by donating his time and talents to benefit the community. Some of the community services include: Power 92 Jammers Charity Basketball Team, Jacksonville Mighty Viking’s (one of the 48 teams under the Independent Youth Football League), Watershed, Inc. annual Christmas Food Drive, Little Rock’s Crisis Team and Gang Task Force, Board Member on the O.K. Program (a national mentoring model for African-American men and boys), and many others.
Broadway Joe is currently the Director of Programming at Cumulus Media-Little Rock, Program Director for KIPR Power 92.3FM, host of the Broadway Joe Talk Show and also, the Broadway Joe Video Show, Little Rock’s first Urban Music Video Program.
Broadway Joe says “Family is the key to all of his success.” He and his lovely wife, Freddie have been married for over 30 years, and are proud parents and grandparents.
- Catch the Broadway Joe Morning Show, Monday-Saturday 6AM-9AM (CST).
- Listen to the Broadway Joe Talk Show every Thursday at 9AM-10AM (CST) on 102.1FM KOKY and on 102.5FM Praise. The show is rebroadcast Saturdays at 6AM-7AM (CST) on Power 92.3FM.
- Watch the Broadway Joe Video Show Sunday Morning at 2AM (CST) on the local CW ARKANSAS broadcast channel 38. (Check your listings for cable & satellite subscribers). The MTV-style format features Billboard’s Top 10 Urban Contemporary Countdown and interviews with national and local recording artists. The show is often produced live on-location at special events, places of business, and institutions of higher learning…all keeping in line with Joe’s philosophy of “taking it to the people!”
To Download Broadway Joe’s Bio, CLICK HERE
MOST RECENT SHOWS
1)Jose Holloway Band director at Southwest high school to talk about the Kranksgiving battle of the band Saturday, November 19th at Little Rock Southwest high school. Featuring bands from Arkansas, Mississippi Louisiana, and Oklahoma along with the UAPB band. .This is a fundraiser for the band to allow them to participate in other band activity…read more »
1) Dr. Jacque Eaves, Jackie Richardson Jr. and Tiffany Vinyard to talk about the T.Rich Dream-Believe-Work Foundation INC. Jeans Jackets and Bowties Gala Wednesday, November 9 at the Hilton Garden Inn & Suites. This event is a fundraiser for the many events and initiatives done throughout the year for Kids For more information visit www.trichfoundation.org or call 501-404-7604. 2)Coach…read more »
1) DuShun Scarborough the executive Director of the Arkansas Martin Luther King, Jr. Commission. With 4 Events in the next few weeks. 1) A Non-Violent Youth Summit in Blytheville Arkansas Friday, October 28th with special guest. Children of the parents from the Civil Rights era. 2)Reading to elementary kids on Wednesday, November 2nd at Bell…read more »
1)Pulaski County Sheriff’s Eric Higgins to talk about the 2nd Annual Fall Festival Saturday Oct. 29th 3201 West Roosevelt Rd in Little Rock from 10a until 3p…Free food bounce houses horseback rides and more the public is invited attend. For more information 501-340-6628. 2)President Houston Davis, with the University of Central Arkansas and Kevin Thomas,…read more »