November 1, 2018
– Guests: Darrell Walker, Head Men’s Basketball Coach for the UALR | The University of Arkansas at Little Rock announced Darrell Walker as the 23rd head men’s basketball coach in March 2018. Walker brings extensive basketball experience to both collegiate and professional level. His playing experience includes three years at the University of Arkansas and 10 seasons in the National Basketball Association, followed by a 20-year professional coaching career, including serving as head coach for two different NBA franchises. Walker was inducted into the Arkansas Sports Hall of Fame in 2003 and was enshrined into the University of Arkansas Hall of Honor in 2008. The Little Rock Trojan will have their season opener playing against Southeastern Oklahoma State, Thursday, November 8th at 6:30pm at the Jack Stephens Center. For tickets and more on the LR Trojans, visit www.lrtrojans.com.
– Guests: Todd Day, Head Men’s Basketball Coach for Philander Smith College | Todd Day, Sr. is in his 2nd year as the men’s basketball coach for the Philander Smith College Panthers. Day was a former first-round NBA Draft pick and the Arkansas Razorbacks’ all-time leading scorer. He was coach me the legendary Nolan Richardson, and broke records as a Razorback, was an All-American, and lead the team to a SEC title and a NCAA Final Four appearance, and was inducted in the Arkansas Sports Hall of Fame 2008. The student-athletes will benefit from Day’s fast-paced and energetic style of basketball. He sets goals high, and says he plans to win. Philander is celebrating Homecoming Week, November 4th-11th with a number of events. Some on the events include:
- Thurs., Nov. 8th | 7pm – Bless the Mic with guest speaker Ray J, M.L. Harris Auditorium
- Fri., Nov. 9th | 6pm – Athletic Hall of Fame Induction Banquet, Nugent Conference Center
- Sat., Nov. 10th | 2pm & 4pm | Panters Basketball Games | Mims Gymnasium
– Guests: Melvin Hines II, Director of Athletics for UAPB | The University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff (UAPB) has a new Director of Athletics who is coach-driven, student-centered and administrative-supported. Melvin J. Hines, II has a proven record of success in building winning programs, commitment to high achievement, and the desire to see student-athletes excel both on and off of the fields and courts. Hines joined the UAPB Golden Lions nation September 10th. Among his professional affiliations, he is a member of the National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics (NACDA), National Association of Athletic Development Directors (NAADD), Minority Opportunity Athletic Association (MOAA) and the National Association of Academic Advisers for Athletics (N4A). For more on the UAPB Golden Lions, visit www.uapblionsroar.com.