April 02, 2020
– Guest: Mike Preston, Cabinet Secretary of the Department of Commerce and the Executive Director of the Arkansas Economic Development Commission | If you or your business has been affected by the COVID-19, resources are available to help you.
- Online Unemployment Insurance Applications (preferred): www.ezarc.adws.arkansas.gov/ HOURS: 7 days a week from 6am-6pm
- Hotline Applications: Unemployment Insurance Hotline: 1-844-908-2178 or 501-534-6304 | HOURS: Monday-Friday, 8am-3:30pm
- Paper Form Applications: https://www.dws.arkansas.gov/src/files/PDF501_BLANK_v022020.pdf | Workforce Centers can be found here: https://www.dws.arkansas.gov/ontact/
- General Unemployment Insurance Inquiries: UI.General.Questions@arkansas.gov | This email address SHOULD NOT be used to file a claim. | Information Desk: 1-855-225-4440 or 501-682-2121 | HOURS: Monday-Friday, 8am-3:30pm
– Guest: Congressman French Hill, Arkansas’s 2nd Congressional District | Federal Relief is critical to defeat COVID-19 and prevent our businesses from going under.
- Last week the president signed the CARES Act into law. Many will receive a one-time tax rebate check of $1,200 [$500 for each child] the next few weeks. Small businesses have been provided with loans that are forgivable if they use them to maintain payroll and keep you in your job.
- Both USDA and the State of Arkansas have eased rules on SNAP, expanding eligibility to families with children who would have received free or reduced lunch if in school & maximizing emergency supplements for eligible families.
- The Trump Administration already ended interest accrual on student loans for at least sixty days and the CARES Act paused monthly repayment requirements for six months.
- To receive a full breakdown of the CARES Act, and how it impacts Arkansas and receive more information, visit www.hill.house.gov or call 501-324-5941.
– Guest: Arlo Washington, President of People Trust | The mission of People Trust, a non-profit 501c(3) organization that promotes community development by providing financial support and literacy for communities that would not otherwise receive it. They provide access to capital through consumer loans; small business loans to the disadvantage, women owned, & minority led businesses; and financial education & technical assistance to entrepreneurs. For more information, call 501-404-4857 or email email@example.com or visit www.peopletrustloans.org.
– Guest: Dr. Angela Gray of Dr. Angela Gray Family Dentistry | In light of ongoing COVID-19 concerns, the Arkansas State Board of Dental Examiners and the Arkansas Dental Association has made changes regarding dental care. Only urgent and emergent dental care is allowed to take place. All non-emergent (i.e. – teeth cleaning, tightening of braces…etc…) is suspended until further notice. Help keep your teeth healthy and also reduce the risk of coronavirus with a good home health routine. Brush your teeth twice a day. Floss once a day. Eat a balanced diet. Exercise, and wash your hands often, especially before eating or brushing your teeth. You should wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds each time. www.angelagrayfamilydentistry.com or call 501-982-4729.