April 11, 2019
– Guests: Carol Johnson, J.D., M.A., Executive Director of Arkansas Fair Housing Commission | Arkansas Fair Housing Commission hosts its annual Fair Housing/Fair Lending Conference, “Building the Next Generation of Diverse Arkansas Communities,” April 16th-19th at the Downtown Marriott Hotel in Little Rock. The conference constitutes Arkansas’ single largest fair housing educational outreach program and will feature local, state and national housing, lending and development professionals to provide a broad range of fair housing and fair lending information to help ensure open and equitable access to housing statewide. Conference week highlights include a viewing of the film “13”, a Civil Rights Bus Tour, and a keynote address from Gov. Asa Hutchinson, HUD Secretary Ben Carson, Little Rock Mayor Frank Scott, Jr. & more. There is no cost to attend the events. To register, visit www.eventbrite.com. To learn more, visit www.fairhousing.arkansas.gov or Like Arkansas Fair Housing on Facebook or call 501-682-3247.
– Guests: Maurice Jackson, Family & Community Fishing Program Coordinator for the Arkansas Fish & Game Commission | Gary Casey, Executive Director of Community First Alliance & Fishing Derby Event Coordinator | There are various community events involving fishing around the state. See below for an event near you.
- Thursday, April 11th | 6pm-7:30pm | Fishing Clinic | Witt Stephens Jr. Central Arkansas Nature Center | Downtown Little Rock | 501-907-0636
- Thursday, April 18th | 12 noon-1pm | Fishing Clinic | The Maumelle Center on the Lake | 2 club Manor Cove | 501-851-4344
- Friday, April 19th | 9am-12noon | Lake Valencia | 501-851-4344
- Thursday, May 4th | 10am-1pm | Family Fund Day | 1140 Oakland Park Drive | Pine Bluff | 501-907-0636 | www.gofish.agfc.com
- Saturday, May 18th | 8am-1pm | MacArthur Park | 601 East 9th Street | Little Rock | The 5th Annual Big Catch Fishing Derby & Community Festival will have fishing and recreational activities for the entire family. There will be free food, water, door prizes, giveaways, health screenings, entertainment and more! To register, visit www.c1a.life or visit Big Catch Fishing Derby on Facebook. | 501-777-5242
– Guests: Jimmy Warren, Community Activist; and Marcus Elliott, Director at Conway Regional Health Systems | Jimmy Warren partners with Conway Regional Medical Health Systems to hosts Celebrate! A Community Black Party, Saturday, April 13th from 9am-2pm at Roger’s Plaza in downtown Conway. This free event engages the community and helps to build connections with families, business owners, friends, and more in a fun-filled atmosphere of activities, music food, games, and physical fitness. In the case of inclement weather, the event will be moved to the following day, Sunday, April 14th from 1pm-6pm. For more information, call 501499-2200.