September 07, 2017
Tijuana Byrd, President of Ivy Foundation of Little Rock and Florence Smith, Co-Chair of Event | The Ivy Foundation of Little Rock in partnership with Alpha Kappa Alpha sorority, Inc. Beta Pi Omega Chapter will present the 2nd Annual Benefit Golf Tournament, Friday, September 15th at Hindman Golf Course, 60 Brookview Drive in Little Rock. Registration will be at 7am and the Shotgun Start at 8:30am. Lunch will be served. This annual tournament is a fundraiser, open to golfers, sponsors, donors and volunteers. No skill level is necessary. Proceeds will benefit scholarships, community programs, Historically Black Colleges & Universities (HBCU’s) and a music program for youth. To sign up, make a donation, or learn more, call 501-834-1414 or visit www.betapiomega.com.
Scot Davis, CEO of Arkansas Urology | September is National Prostate Cancer Awareness Month, and Arkansas Urology is observing it with the 13th Annual Kick-Off to Men’s Health event with prostate screenings and flat screen TVs! Each man will receive a free prostate screening and have an opportunity to win a flat-screen TV if they register. The Kick-Off Men’s Health events will be:
- Tuesday, September 12 | 5pm-8pm | Arkansas Urology | 1300 Centerview Drive in Little Rock. Little Rock Rangers players will be on site autographs, pictures, interviews, and to encourage men to take better care of themselves.
- Thursday, September 28 | 5pm-8pm | Arkansas Urology | 4200 Stockton Drive | North Little Rock.
To schedule your free prostate screening for either event location, call 501-219-8900 and visit www.arkansasurology.com for more information.
Graham Cobb, Chief Operating Officer for the Little Rock Chamber of Commerce; and Myron Jackson, CEO of The Design Group | The 35th Annual Minority Enterprise Development (MED) Week, presented by The Design Group will be held Monday-Thursday, September 11th-14th at various locations in Little Rock. The kick off will be a Minority Business Awards Luncheon with keynote speaker All American and Super Bowl champion Keith Jackson, Monday, September 11th from 11:30am-1pm at Philander Smith College, 900 West Daisy Bates Drive in Little Rock. This event is currently SOLD OUT.
- Tues., Sept. 12th | Networking Fiesta | 5pm-7:30pm | Imprentta Printing & Signs, 301 N. Shackleford Road, Suite H-1 in LR | The Hispanic Business Committee of the LR Chamber will present a multicultural networking event with live music, food and more.
- Wed., Sept. 13th | Think Big Little Rock Panel on Diversity and Inclusion | 5pm-7:30pm | Little Rock Technology Park, 417 Main Street in LR
- Thurs., Sept. 14th | Innovations and Libations | 5pm-7pm | Mosaic Templars Cultural Center | 501 W. 9th Street in LR
To get registered for these free events or learn more information, visit www.littlerockchamber.com or call 501-374-2001 and add ’em on Facebook & Twitter.