March 30, 2017
-Dennis Milligan, Arkansas State Treasurer for the upcoming events 2017 Women’s Financial Summit. The month of April is Financial Literacy Month and Arkansas 529 College Investing Plan, the Arkansas Treasurer’s Office, The Clinton Presidential Center, Economic Arkansas, TruService Community Federal Credit Union, UA Little Rock Children International, Women’s Foundation of Arkansas, U.S. Bank and Simmons Bank is presenting a free 2017 Women’s Financial Summit, Wednesday, April 5th from 10am-2pm at the Clinton Presidential Center in the Great Hall, 1200 President Clinton Ave. in Little Rock. The Arkansas 529 College Investing Plan serves to educate and empower women to understand their finances. Keynote speakers of all ages will address pitfalls and successes they might share with their younger selves in a Q & A panel discussion. For more information and to RSVP, visit www.eventbrite.com.
-Cecelia “Ce Ce” Antoinette and Maya Loren Jackson, both actors in the stage play “Jar the Floor” currently showing at the Arkansas Repertory Theatre. The stage play is a heartfelt comedy that proves blood is thicker than water and the ghosts of the past should not rob us of the moments we have together in the here and now. Synopsis: A quartet of black women spanning four generations, plus the white woman friend of the youngest, come together to celebrate the matriarch’s ninetieth birthday. Tempers flare and ugly secrets are revealed in this furiously fractured family portrait. In the midst of the turmoil, rollicking humor bites its way through the cycles of guilt and blame passed onto from mothers to daughters.
- Run of the Show: March 29-April 16
- Performance Dates: Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday evenings at 7pm
- Friday and Saturday evenings at 8pm
- Sunday matinees at 2pm
- Ticket Prices: “A” seating $45 | “B” seating $35 | Students $20
- PAY YOUR AGE NIGHT | Sunday, April 2nd | 7pm
For tickets and more information, visit www.TheRep.org or call 501-378-0405.
– Theresa Timmons-Shamberger, Timmons Arts Foundation; Korto Momolu, Celebrity Designer; Frank Scott, Jr., First Security Bank; and Veronica Jones, Vogue Visage all came for the 10th Annual Designers Choice Fashion Preview presents DCFP Honors. This event will be celebrating the past while embracing the future, and benefit the Timmons Arts Foundation. It takes place, Saturday, April 1st at the Metroplex Event Center, 10800 Colonel Glenn Road in Little Rock. A VIP Red Carpet Reception will be held at 6:30pm. Doors open at 7pm for general admission, and show starts at 7:30pm. Celebrity Host will be Kofi Siriboe from the hit show Queen Sugar along with Fox 16’s Donna Terrell. General Admission $40 | VIP $75. Ticket outlets are Luvs Boutique, Vogue Visage, Rock City Kicks, Uncle T’s or www.dcfp10.eventbrite.com. For more information, visit Designers Choice Fashion Preview on Facebook, @_DCFP on Instagram, @DCHOICEFASHION on Twitter, or email email@example.com.